Constitution of India
WE, THE PEOPLE OF INDIA, having solemnly resolved to constitute India into a
SOVEREIGN SOCIALIST SECULAR DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC
and to secure to all its citizens:
social, economic and political;
of thought, expression, belief, faith and worship;
of status and of opportunity; and to promote among them all
assuring the dignity of the individual and the unity and integrity of the Nation;
IN OUR CONSTITUENT ASSEMBLY
this twenty-sixth day of November, 1949, do
HEREBY ADOPT, ENACT AND GIVE TO OURSELVES THIS CONSTITUTION
- Name of the organization: Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal.
- Year of Formation/Incorporation: 1972
- Mode of incorporation: Registered under the Manipur Societies Registration Act, 1989 (Manipur Act 1 of 1990). The institute was transferred from the North Eastern Council (NEC) to the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare w.e.f 01/04/2007 vide a MoU signed among NEC, Ministry of DoNER and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare on 24/04/2007.
- Activities of the organisation:The main activities of the institute are given below:-
- to impart, promote and diffuse knowledge and education for undergraduate and postgraduate in selected specialties of medical science including super-specialist, advanced learning and doctorial courses and to provide advanced and specialized medical facilities of the highest level in selected specialities, and to serve as a regional referral service centre for comprehensive health care for the North Eastern region ;
- to create, provide, run and manage facilities and set up well equipped hospital(s) for comprehensive health care of excellence – including diagnosis, treatment, cure, prevention and rehabilitation ;
- to impart and promote education and conduct training in all Para- medical and other supportive courses to enrich the quality of medical diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation and for the purpose to establish institutions in the related fields ;
- to conduct research and development activities- basic or applied in any branch of medical science and related fields.
- No. of Employees:
- Total no. of sanctioned post, category-wise as on 31.3.2018- 1936
- No. of regular employees as on 31.3.2018- 1598
- No. of contractual employees as on 31.3.2018- 366
- Nature of assets: Buildings, Land, Medical Equipments, etc.
- Amount of central assistance in the last 3 years:
Statement of Grant-in-aid released during the last 3 years: (Rs. in crore)
Year 2017-18 2018-19 2019-20 Grant-in-aid Salary 265.39 258.15 278.24 Grant-in-aid General 17.34 18.85 30.30 Grant-in-aid Creation of Assets 27.10 25.00 136.46 SAP-General – 0.05 5.00 Total 309.83 302.05 450.00
8. Identify any 5 outcomes mentioned in the outcome budget and status of their accomplishment:
– to start MDS Course in Dental College, RIMS, Imphal by 2018-19. (Proposal submitted to the Ministry of H&FW) – to start MSc Nursing Course in College of Nursing, RIMS, Imphal by 2018-19. (Proposal submitted to the Ministry of H&FW) – setting up of Burn Injury Centre by 2017-18. (Construction Agency identified after call of bids. 1st instalment of deposit amount deposited) – establishment of Level –I Trauma Care Centre by 2017-18. (Construction Agency identified after call of bids. 1st instalment of deposit amount deposited, civil engg work started) – upgradation of the existing Regional Cancer Centre to Tertiary Cancer Care Centre by 2018-19. (Proposal submitted to the Ministry of H&FW)
9. Planning for making the AB self sufficient: Health being in the Social Sector and Manipur being one of the states having the lowest per capita income, making the institute and the hospital self sufficient may not be feasible. However, increase of user charges generated in the Institute and its hospital at frequent periods has been decided. 10. Status of implementation of various mechanisms for MIS and e governance programs:
– Implemented Online Registration System (ORS)
– Implemented e-Hospital
– Implemented Mera Aspataal
– Implemented Digital Payment
11. Agency instrumental for recruitment – whether in house or through external agency: – In house recruitment
12. Inbuilt mechanism for periodic monitoring of the targets and their reporting:
The institute has various committees to look into the development carried out in the institute i.e. Hospital Development Committee. Further, the Standing Finance Committee/ Executive Council of the institute is apprised of the status of the activities of the institute.