- Name of the organization: Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal.
- Year of Formation/Incorporation: The Medical College was established as a joint venture of the North Eastern States. OnSeptember 14, 1972, the name of the College was changed to Regional Medical College, Imphal. The College was later renamed as North Eastern Regional Medical Collegeunder the management of North Eastern Regional Medical College Society. From August, 1976, it was run under the Ministry of Home, Government of India and was the only medical college run by the Ministry of Home. Nearly 19 years later, the College was again renamed as Regional Institute of Medical Sciences and its management was taken over by NEC, Ministry of DoNER, Government of India from April 1,1995. After exactly 12 years, on the historic day of April 1, 2007, the Institute was transferred to the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
- Mode of incorporation: Registered under the Manipur Societies Registration Act, 1989 (Manipur Act 1 of 1990). The institute was transferred from the North Eastern Council (NEC) to the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare w.e.f 01/04/2007 vide a MoU signed among NEC, Ministry of DoNER and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare on 24/04/2007.
- Activities of the organisation:The main activities of the institute are given below:-
- to impart, promote and diffuse knowledge and education for undergraduate and postgraduate in selected specialties of medical science including super-specialist, advanced learning and doctorial courses and to provide advanced and specialized medical facilities of the highest level in selected specialities, and to serve as a regional referral service centre for comprehensive health care for the North Eastern region ;
- to create, provide, run and manage facilities and set up well equipped hospital(s) for comprehensive health care of excellence – including diagnosis, treatment, cure, prevention and rehabilitation ;
- to impart and promote education and conduct training in all Para- medical and other supportive courses to enrich the quality of medical diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation and for the purpose to establish institutions in the related fields ;
- to conduct research and development activities- basic or applied in any branch of medical science and related fields.
- No. of Employees:
- Total no. of sanctioned post, category-wise as on 31.3.2018- 1936
- No. of regular employees as on 31.3.2018- 1598
- No. of contractual employees as on 31.3.2018- 366
- Nature of assets: College building including Administrative Block, Library Block, Hospital Buildings, Hostels, Lecture Theatre, land, various medical equipments, etc.
- Amount of central assistance in the last 3 years:
Statement of Grant-in-aid released during the last 3 years:
(Rs. in crore)
Year 2015-16 2016-17 2017-18 Grant-in-aid Salary 166.110 193.480 262.76 Grant-in-aid General 16.663 25.000 19.95 Grant-in-aid Creation of Assets 60.920 50.520 27.10 Total 243.693 269.000 309.81
8. Details of Annual revenue from user charges in the last three years:
The institute generated income from internal source being collection of hospital diagnostic/lab test fees, student fees, etc. in the last 3 years as under:-
|2015-16||Rs. 7.18 crore.|
|2016-17||Rs. 7.12 crore.|
|2017-18||Rs. 6.53 crore|